rrrrrrr
rrrr

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Billy. This is so incredibly lovely, both the pictures and the words. I just read the book “The Help” and I am reminded of what was to me, the saddest


Billy. This is so incredibly lovely, both the pictures and the words. I just read the book “The Help” and I am reminded of what was to me, the saddest thing in the book. It was when one of the black maids who is telling her story is talking about all the many white children she took care of. The intense love the children all had for her (and she for them) was innocent of any anything but the purity of that emotion. And then there was the moment she always dreaded when the children would be made aware of race, and the love, while still there, changed. By the way, the book is flawed but worth the read for anyone who even vaguely remembers those horrible days.

I especially love the picture of the beautiful girls in their beautiful dresses. The one looking over her shoulder and back to you is a heartbreaker.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice girls

rrrr